Sunday 4 December 2011

Russian course

  Next year I will be learning the Russian language as part of my schoolwork, because God has called me to go to Russia as a missionary, working mainly in orphanages, I think. So as soon as He told me I began getting to work. As you know, I started to knit like a crazy person. And also I got Mum to order a Russian language course for me to do. I would start it properly this year, but she said I have to focus on my other schoolwork until next year otherwise she won't be able to get me to do much else apart from Russian stuff, which is about right.
  I am not sure when I am going to Russia, but I have figured out that there are lots of things for me to do to prepare. There is not a moment where I can say I am bored these days. When I find myself in a quiet moment in my busy schoolwork-or-other-work days, I am either knitting or doing something else to do with Russia. I used to say I was bored and had nothing to do, but things have changed. God gave me a vision of what to do... and now I am doing it.
  So if you are feeling bored, I encourage you to look outside yourself and ask God what you could be doing to help. There is a lot of bad stuff going on in the world as a result of mans sin, so you don't have to look very far to see something good you could be doing in your spare time. And if you can't think of anything else to do... there's always knitting!
  Yesterday (Sunday) my mother and I and a bunch of people we know plus some that had come down from the North Island, went down to Kai Koura and set up these flip-chart things which is a visual way to tell people about God. I gave it a go for the first time, and it was really interesting. As the church we need to be telling people about God. Some are called to be evangelists and tell people about God as their job, but everyone who calls themselves a Christian is called to go out and tell people about God (see Matthew chapter 28). If your not sure how to go about it, check out Ray Comforts site (livingwaters.com) and see how you can get into it. They good priced things on there called Gospel Tracts which help you share your faith without even having to talk to the person. You can leave them in public places, or give them to people, or use them as a tool to help you share your faith.
  Not long ago I felt down because I was leading a boring life that had not adventure in it. But when I focused on God and having a relationship with Him, I have been finding that life is one big adventure, an adventure with God. 
  Get active and get working, Christian soldiers!
Your friend,
Ruby.

No comments: