Monday 28 November 2011

Knitting on the brain

Since I began knitting on that Monday a couple of weeks ago I have been doing it every day. My family came over for Jet and Phil's wedding, and I knitted every day... accept for the wedding day of course. Was a little bit busy then, getting my hair done, and my make-up. And doing the whole walking down the front of the church and standing there looking at the bride-my sister- and the groom looking at each other. And then the photos... and the reception. After that came the dancing. After I got warmed up I was into it. So was Emmie, my 12 year old cousin. She sure is a hyperactive crazy child. She brings out the immaturity in me.
Played the drums on Sunday at church, then at night it was the International Night, so there was no drumming for that, it was just a church family hang out time. Which was cool.
My cousins and Aunty (my uncle went back last Monday because he had to work) went home to Aussie this morning. I don't actually miss them. It just feels like they were over here... and now they are gone and things have gone back to normal. It was cool having them here though, apart from when we got on each others nerves. Which happened a little bit.
I have been knitting scarves for the past week. A scarf a day keeps the doctor away. That is my current motto. But now I am knitting squares of double knit wool, and then I shall sew all the squares into a blanket. It is going to be pretty cool. The center-piece is the Russian flag. White, blue, and red.
Enough talking for now. I am selling books on TradeMe, and if you are in New Zealand or around the area check them out. They are all in great condition and I am getting rid of them by putting into action selling everything I have. I'm starting with the things that I really don't need. Then I'll move onto the bigger things.
"How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time."

Ruby.

2 comments:

Ruby said...

The TradeMe account I am selling the books on is: Jessie130. I will have a lot of listings up there by tomorrow.

Ruby said...

Feel free to comment on my blog