Monday 14 November 2011

The Wedding

It is the week leading up to the wedding. I am excited. My only sister is getting married. It will be different not having her about the house anymore. But she will be in her own home, which will be cool. Then I can go up there and see her and my brother-in-law. And catch the goldfish in their goldfish pond. Shhh, don't tell them I said that.
In a blog a while ago I mentioned some things in my life that I was feeling God was wanting me to cut out, but I was not ready to give them up. Well, one of the things that changed since last Sunday night was that I gave up one of those things in particular. My life since that Sunday night has been great. It has still been hard because I seem to be able to feel really happy and then really sad all in the space of a couple of hours, but I am not the one who has to deal with my emotions alone, God helps me.
  How I relate to boys has changed since then, also. Before I was so sure that I wanted to get married young, and everything like that, and I would be devastated if my life ended without me being a wife and mother,  but now I feel more content that whatever God wants for my life will bring me the greatest pleasure. The greatest joy. I am not sure that I will marry or not, but I would still like to. I think that the want to get married has been put in its proper place: somewhere down the line, far under where God stands as my True Love. I am learning that I do not need to put my future happiness in having a husband, but that my happiness will be placed in God, who will never let me down.
Moving on... my hair is growing longer. I can tie it up in a ponytail now.
Before I close I want to clarify that the reason I have grown in my relationship is not because of a church service on Sunday night. That was where it started. But it continued with me reading my Bible each day, praying, and asking God what He wants me to do.
  Your friend in Christ,
Ruby.

No comments: