Sunday 11 December 2011

Christmas in the Park

Yesterday Mum, me, and these four people from our group (Aileen, Scott, John, and Ryan), and also a family visiting us from Hamilton (AnneMarie, Trevor, and Matthew), went to Christmas in the park. While the adults did the flip charts (which is a visual and easy-going way of presenting the full Gospel message (which tells exactly what I wrote down in my Good News (and Bad News) blog), us kids (me, Matthew, Sarah (my awesome as ninja good friend), and Olivia (a young lady from our church who goes to Uni) were doing face-painting. The face painting was free and was a way to keep the kids occupied while Mum and the others were telling the parents about God. It worked out nicely.
  Sarah decided to go away and get a Mr. Whippy without me, so mean of her, which left only me and Olivia at that time doing the face-painting. Then every kid there seemed to want to get their face painted so I went over and asked Matthew if he could help face paint.
After everyone had packed up and the main attractions had left, we (me and Matthew) were still there because our parents and the rest of the group were still there talking with people and doing the flip charts. We packed up the face paints and then Matthew was trying to do tricks with one of the two glass water jars. We chatted while he did that and I got to find out about what him and his parents have been up to and about life in Hamilton. After a while I joined in. Then I was trying to do something, and then the jar dropped on one of my toes (I was wearing sandals) and my toe now has a cut and red mark on it.
We convinced the rest of the group to go to MacDonald's for dinner and debrief. It was a good time, and I got to know Matthew a bit better. Hes actually a pretty cool guy, not quite as random as I thought. A bit stink that they left today (Monday), though, so I didn't get to see them after last night when we left MacDonald's.
From Ruby.

No comments: