Monday 5 December 2011

The Fall of the Russian Monarchy

  Today so far I have done an assessment for my computer science, and began the next section. I have also read a couple of pages of the books I am reading for Russian history, "The Fall of the Russian Monarchy" by Bernard Pares. It is a very thick book of 505 pages long. I am still in the Introduction at page 21.

I have not learned too much so far, because the author at this point seems to be saying what books and authors of Russian history he trusts and the ones he sees as rubbish. I have heard briefly about the Empress Alexandra and her husband, Nicholas, and also a little about Rasputin. I remember watching the movie Anastasia, about the lost princess, when I was little. That was one twisted movie for a little kid. Actually, I feel like watching it now. Jet got given it for her birthday when she was a child, and we have it on video in the movie shelf... but our video player does not work. Bummer.
Moving on...
I am enjoying learning about Russian history, but I would like to get past the introduction in this book and onto the real information, instead of just learning about whose account of Russian history was correct, and what was incorrect.
Your friend,
Ruby

No comments: