Wednesday 7 December 2011

Anastasia

  Yesterday I went to the video shop... and I got out Anastasia on DVD so I could watch it. Word.
  Well, I had to go to two video stores before I got the right one that had the movie version I was looking for. And it was raining, and I didn't have enough money, but my grandmother loaned me a dollar! And then, it turned out that it was $1 Tuesday, so isn't that cool?
  Anyway, the movie was as good as I remember it. A little fact, a little myth, a little romance...
  I am past the Introduction in the book "The Fall of the Russian Monarchy" and onto the actual stuff. I am enjoying it, but it is one very big book. I am up to page 37 now.
Tonight I went to see the Esther Melody Band preform. I really enjoyed them. Accept at the end when we were like all hyped up and she began to scream (screamo music). That put me right off. You may or may not know that I used to love screamo music until I went to Parachute 2010, saw Underoath perform, and heard God asking me to choose whether I would follow the music, or whether I would follow Him. I chose God, and my life is fuller and better for it. Back when I liked that kind of music I went through a stage of being depressed, and despite still reading my Bible and going to church and writing a lot of letters to God... I was far away from God. I was sad. But I chose God, and although it has been a bit of a long road back to Him, now I am in a place where I have given everything to God, and I am better for it.
Tomorrow night the Esther Melody Band is doing a workshop with our church music team. So I am going to go if for only one reason then it would be because the drummer kicked butt. And he pulled some pretty crazy faces, which fits the description of ninja drummer.
  Mum is on my case to go to bed because my class for Bibles in Schools is doing their play at a rest home tomorrow and we're going all the way down to P town small to help out. So I need an early night.  So if you were enjoying this blog, blame Mamma.
  Россия, мы хоме.
Darn Google translate, says something completely different to what I just wrote there. Russia, my home.
God bless,
Руби
 

No comments: