Wednesday 21 December 2011

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things...

THE HIGHLIGHTS OF 2011:
A.C.E Student Convention. The boys in suits, the girls in skirts and blouses, the office-ness of it. I love office wear. Anyway, it was spiffin. Seeing a certain someone again and trying to decide yet again whether I liked them or not. Still not confident on the answer to that question. Hanging out with Sarah and getting on each others nerves. Good times.

Going on long as bike rides with Ian. The Ben Morven Track, and trying to bike to the Rowing Club.
Here is Ian trying to cross the river. I was videoing him because I thought it would end with him being in the river, but it didn't work out that way. A real bummer.
Girls Group. The awkward discussion about sex and things that girls need to know. Learning about integrity, confidence, courage. Learning to trust one another. It is still a work in progress, but our little group of girls is becoming more tight knit.
Excel Touring Team.  We billeted two girls, Reg & Lil, and it was really cool having them here. Reg was shy and afraid of Jake (our dog), but Lil and I had some mean jamming and singing sessions outside at like 10pm. Each year we billet two girls, and each year they seem to get better and better. =)

Drumming for Church Band. At times I would call this a highlight, and at other times I would say it was part of the year I did not like. But it is all a learning curve, and the things that are harder to do and take longer to accomplish are usually the things that are worth while.
The cousins coming to NZ. This was both a good and bad time of the year. I enjoyed their company, but the boys got on my nerves a bit. Joe was all right because he is more placid, but Issac was flipping mean and annoying at times. Emily was pretty good, although she does bring out the eleven year old in me.
 Jet and Phil's wedding. This was the one time of the year when both sides of my family came together to celebrate one thing. Usually it is a couple on one side, or a few over from the other side. But it was all the family (well, a lot of representatives) over for at least the weekend. And then everyone was under one roof for the classic and much-loved Uncle G's big breakfast cook-up which was held at brunch time on Sunday morning. That was grand.
Me and Jet getting ready for the wedding

Making up random songs. For this guy in my life that is now going away, I have written two songs. It's funny, cause I don't like him that much, but I have liked him for a year and a while. I'm not sure why I wanted to write two songs about him, but I guess its because he took me on an emotional rollercoaster (but I think thats just his personality, haha) and my way of dealing with his being great one minute and confusing the next was to write a song about it. One song I wrote was annoyance, and the next was happy go lucky. And now I am somewhere in the middle. I have also written some songs about God, who is becoming my True Love. I get told that I have a nice singing voice... but I'll take their word on it. =)
Doing the To-do list with Sarah. What a great time. We still haven't done everything on the list, but there are a few days left in the year to get them completed. For more information about the to-do list, look at the page I have devoted to the list only. (Look up the top of the page. It goes Home (I think), Ruby Through the Ages, and then The To-Do List

No comments: