Tuesday 13 December 2011

Uncle Gary's Scarf

  When my uncle was down for Jet and Phil's wedding, he saw all the knitting I was doing and said that he would pay me to make a Hurricanes scarf for him so that he could have his own proper wool one for the rugby games. I agreed. Then my parents said, once he was gone, I should make him one for Christmas (since hes coming down to spend Christmas with us) and knit into it the words "Go" on one end of the scarf and "Gaza" in the other, so it would be a one of a kind scarf. In the beginning I didn't like the idea because it would be hard to knit in "Go" "Gaza", but now I am doing it and I think he'll like the present.
  I have done so much today it's not funny. Here was my to-do list to get jobs done:
  • Finish section in computer science
  • Do the Assessment
  • Wrap Jet and Phil's Christmas prezzie
  • Finish cards to friends ready for postage
  • Write Jet and Phils, Mum, and Dad's Christmas cards
  • Write Uncle G, Nan & Pop Christmas cards
  • Knit until the word "Go" is on Uncle G's scarf
  • Make Sarah's Christmas card
  • Work 3 hours at Ruvi's
So I have almost completed the whole list. Just need to finish the "Go".
I find that when I make a to-do list for to do in a day, that I get a lot more done. So next year I have gotten myself a daily planner and instead of writing in what I'll be doing at a certain time, I am writing down what I want to have accomplished each day with a box to tick when I've done it. I find that when I reward myself with getting to tick something off I enjoy doing it and getting it done more.

No comments: