Wednesday 14 December 2011

Womanhood Journal and To-Do List

  I made another to-do list today, and I have accomplished everything... well, everything accept for one thing and things that could not be accomplished, or the time to accomplish them had gone (like picking strawberries when I was at a certain place, and mowing my grandparents lawns (it rained)). Here was my to-do list for today.
  • Finish Sarah's Christmas present (homemade)
  • Wrap up Sarah's Christmas present (homemade)
  • Do section in computer science
  • Do assessment in computer science
  • Finish work at Ruvi's
  • Knit a black stripe in the scarf
  • Knit a gold stripe in the scarf
  • Write in diary
  • Write in womanhood journal
  • Start new section in computer science
  • Figure out what I'm going to give Pop for a Christmas present
  The last thing on my to-do list is underlined and bold because I still haven't done it. It is coming closer and closer to Christmas and I still haven't figured out what I'm going to give my grandfather. It would be easy if I could just buy him some chocolates, but on my wall I wrote a goal of that I would not buy anymore Christmas presents, but use what I already have or make it. I might have to break that goal as the days are ticking by and I can think of nothing to give to him... but I'll try my best. I don't like failing the goals I set in place.
  You might be curious as to what my "Womanhood Journal" is. What it is is a journal that I have to write in each day and say what I have learned, or things that have happened in the day. It is documenting my passageway through being a teenager and then entering into being a woman. I figure that if I keep one for each day of the years to come, then I'll have it to look back on if I have children of my own, and if not, then to better understand my adopted children in Russia when I am working at an orphanage and have been there for a number of years and am feeling out of touch with my childhood. Or I can give it to my parents when I go away to remember me by. There is a whole lot of reasons to keep one. The main thing it documents in how I walk with God along life's path.
  Oh and the reason that Sarah's present wrapping paper, and the card (which I did yesterday) are all homemade is that for our to-do list we had to make homemade Christmas presents from scratch. I think I have stuck to it very well. I hope she likes her present...
  Love,
Ruby.

No comments: