Saturday 10 December 2011

Black & Yellow

Okay, so Mum was happily working away making thank you cards from my sisters wedding. I came in with my computer and sat down along the desk from her. "Do you want me to put some cool tunes on while you make invitations?" I asked.
"I don't actually mind it being quiet. But you can put some music on quietly."
"Trust me, Mum," I said, finding the song. "You haven't lived until you have listened to this song while making your thank you cards. You thought that life was all right making those cards in the quiet, but once I play this song to your card making you'll be changed."
She laughed and I put on Black and Yellow. It was one of those random moments that happened, I thought it was funny, and I wrote it on this blog.

I played the drums this morning. I had been worried, but I don't know why because everything went perfectly. After the service everyone was commenting on how far I had come and everything. It was nice, but I don't really let it make me proud, because I know that it didn't happen over night, and that the times when I am my best is when I'm worshiping God.
My old school teacher, Mrs F, pulled me aside, and she said that I was a beautiful drummer (probably for the best since I am the only girl drummer at church, and the guys wouldn't like being called beautiful), and that she liked it how it's not about just doing it for me, I get into it and enjoy worshiping God while I'm playing.
The muso's lunch break up after church was good. I enjoyed eating good food, and listening in on conversation. One of the drummers sister (who is 18 I think), thinks she is in love with Jason from Esther Melody Band. I'll see how long that one lasts.

No comments: