Thursday 8 December 2011

Second Beanie

I am onto my second beanie that I have done by myself. I have almost finished the ribbing. The other beanie that I did yesterday turned out all right, but it does look a little odd. I don't think I ribbed for long enough, because it does not seem deep enough. And the ribbing did not really work on that wool I used. But oh well.
Today I have work from four till seven. You probably have not noticed because I don't mention work very often on here, but when I refer to work I could be referring to any number of jobs I do. But my main "work" is being a checkout operator at a local supermarket. My second job is doing data entry for a vineyard. The third is volunteer work at the local Christian bookshop. Another two sources of income are babysitting (which I did this morning) and mowing my grandparents lawns, but I don't refer to them as work.
God has really blessed me with a lot of ways to get income, I can see. And I have to be careful that I use the money wisely, because to whom much is given, much will be required.
I am feeling a bit better today than I was last night. I was feeling a bit down to it for a while after I got home. But I sang a song to God (made up a new one), and then read my Bible a little and wrote in my Bible reading journal. Last night I wrote down some questions in my Bible reading journal and said to God that I wanted them answered by the end of the year. Two of them were Do you want me to get into playing the drums devotedly, or to focus my time in other areas to do with Russia? and Do you want me to keep in touch [with a person] when they go to university? So between now and the end of the year I will ask God those questions and write down His answer.
Your friend,
Ruby

No comments: