Thursday 8 December 2011

All For Love

This week at church we are playing the songs: All For Love, Arms Open Wide, Overcome, the Stand, and Our God is Greater. Great line-up for songs accept for All For Love. I really like this song, and I have never played it in church before. Now that would be all right, accept for the fact that on Thursday night (tonight) we are not having a practice for muso's like we normally do, because Esther Melody Band is doing a workshop for the music team. I want to do this song justice when I am drumming to it... so I guess I had better get drumming.
5 minutes later
Okay, so I just tried drumming to it with the headphones on once, and then with the headphones off once playing along to it on YouTube... and I did not do so great. I think I have the technique of how the song goes down, but not the speed, cause I keep getting out of time. Harsh, but true.
A number of hours later
It is now 10:28pm on Thursday the 8th of December. The workshop, which was for all the churches in Blenheim, not just for our churches music group, I later found out, went pretty well. I learned a lot of new stuff and heard some expressions I had never heard before, but now I am hoping I can remember it all.
I finished off my beanie, just to let you know, and now I have started on another one. Well, I have not actually finished it, it still has to be stitched together or whatever it is called to resemble a proper beanie, but all the knitting is done for it.
After the workshop when I was sitting outside waiting for Dad to come and pick me up I felt extremely sad and alot like I used to feel back in the day when I was going through my depression stage. And I thought to myself, Dude, what is going on? I think I know why I feel quite bad. Embarrassing as it is to admit, I think I was focusing more on the attractive drummer tonight than what was being said. Like I said, embarrassing. But, at least I can comfort myself with the fact that you cannot have two drummers in a band. You may not know why that would comfort me, because that is saying that nothing would romantically progress between myself and another drummer, but it does for some reason. I'm not really sure why.
At the end of the day, I want God to chose my husband. I don't want to love him because he is attractive, or because he is interesting, or because he is funny and fun to hang out with. Those things are cool and all, but I want to love my husband because He is God's choice for me. Because then I will know that we'll be a match made in heaven... literally. And, to be honest, my choosing in guys usually isn't that great. Not meaning to diss the drummer, or anything. But, to counteract that comment, I have noticed that my attention has been leaning towards the Godly guys since I got back on track with God a couple of years ago. And slowly I am setting higher and higher standards.
This blog is getting long. Peace out.

No comments: