Wednesday 7 December 2011

Knit one, Purl one

I am knitting a beanie. It is my second beanie I have ever made, and the first one that I am doing pretty much on my own. I am ribbing the bottom at the moment. In case you don't knit, ribbing is the part that is different from the rest of the beanie, and when you rib the bottom of the beanie it makes it so that that part is tighter and will help the beanie stay on your head.
My Bibles in Schools class went to a couple of rest homes today and performed their Joshua and the walls of Jericho play to the old folk there. Both performances went very well, and I was pleased with how good the kids were. The class and its teacher Mrs. A, invited me back next year to teach and said that they really wanted me back. I enjoyed being in their class heaps, and I think I might just take them up on their offer.
When I was about to leave the classroom after we had gotten back to school from the resthomes, a little boy called Lee, who moved to the school part way through the year from Switzerland, came and asked me how to spell my name. I told him and he wrote it on the front of a card so it said "To Ruby" then he gave me the card. Inside was a beautifully made shiny paper scene of trees and snow.
His Mum was helping out with the play and when she saw the card in my hand she was surprised and said, "That is who he made the card for." So I guess it is a bit of a special thing. I think the card is really cool, and I am going to put it in my time capsule box when I make each year.
The thing I am doing called Computer Science is pretty boring, I won't lie to you. It would be better if I actually had the right programs they are teaching me about on my computer, but I do not, so I am learning things and forgetting them almost as soon as I learn them because my computer is an older version of the subject I chose, and so the one they have has newer programs. I feel like either way I don't need to know this because I plan to spend most, if not all, of the remainder of my life once I get over there in Russia, probably in a village where they don't have computers, helping out at an orphanage and showing God's love to the people of Russia in a practical way: loving those who have been forgotten by the rest of humanity.
See you,
Руби

No comments: