Friday 9 December 2011

New Zealand & Me

I have just been thinking about it, and I realize that I have been cutting you all out from an important part of my life: where I live. While I have been focused on telling about Russia, I have forgotten the beautiful country I have in my own back yard. Most people my age call the town we live in a hole because it is not so large, but I do like it here. It is beautiful. B-town gives you a little country and a little city. It is the best of both worlds, as far as I am concerned. And the world comes to us. I work at the supermarket and about half or more of the people I talk to at the checkout when they are buying their groceries are foreigners. Czech Republic, Switzerland, Korea, to name a few, and those are just the people I can remember asking tonight.
So I'll give you a sneak people of the beauty of my country from my own eyes.
All the following photos are taken in Marlborough, New Zealand. All photos were taken by me, and all are copyrighted under my name.

Ian makes another appearance
Vineyard in Marlborough


Ben Morven Track

My grandparents farm

  So New Zealand is beautiful... but I am still going to Russia. I know that Russia is beautiful also. Actually, every place that God has created is beautiful. The countryside captivates my heart the most, I must admit. Its taking it back to the basics. The basics being: God created it, it is good, we don't need an iPhone to make us happy, kind of basics. It is just life. But life is moving on and everyone needs technology. But it is nice to take some time out and just admire God's handiwork.
  The photo up the top is of me and Jet and Phil's baby, Milly. Her name is Milly Anne, otherwise known as Million. (put milly and anne together and it sounds like millian, or million.) That dog is crazy!

No comments: