Saturday 10 December 2011

Protests in Moscow

I just read in the Latest Headlines that there have been and will be protests across Russia, but mainly around Moscow, to do with the Parliamentary elections, or something along those lines.

"Moscow is braced for what the opposition claims will be the biggest demonstration in Russia for 20 years.
Tens of thousands are expected to gather in a square south of the Kremlin, in the latest show of anger over disputed parliamentary polls.
Smaller rallies are taking place in cities across the country." - BBC News

I was watching this documentary called "Russia" on BBC Knowledge tonight. It was very interesting. The main thing I took away from watching it was that there is a city in Russia where you can look across a lake, which was frozen in the footage, to China. I thought that was pretty cool. And Russians don't need a visa to cross in a boat thing to China. That would be handy.
I have been thinking about what I need to do to prepare for living in Russia before I leave for the country. So here are some basic things I have thought I will need to do before I go:
  • Learn to speak and understand the language
  • Learn to read and write the language
  • Learn how to cook and bake common Russian meals and goods
  • Contact a mission agency to see what age they will let me go over to Russia going under their name
  • Keep involved with things to do with children (Bibles in Schools, Sunday school, school holiday programs, etc), which I am already involved in
Those are the main things I can think of for now. So I would appreciate it if my Christian brothers and sisters who read this could be praying for me to seek God and spend more and more time with Him. Because as our relationship deepens and God is placed where He should be in my life: Number 1, then I know these things that I need to get done before I can go to Russia will be accomplished and fall into place.
  You know, not so long ago I had my heart set on traveling America and going around the world and having myself a grand time of seeing the world around me. All that changed and fell away when God told me Russia. It was like I had been making all these plans by myself, but then God spoke, and I knew what I really want. I want God's will for me, not some plan I could come up with myself. Because I could travel the world a hundred times over, but if God was not with me... would I enjoy it? I do not think so. God is becoming a part in my life that without Him I have no joy. He is my joy.
  Oh, and work this morning went pretty well. It was quite busy considering it was the morning, but as we get closer to Christmas things get busier and busier. It was my frenemies last Saturday at work today, I heard him announce at break-time. I was pretending to be engrossed in my Fall Of the Russian Monarchy book, but it was hard to focus on the words with a lot of loud people in the room. The reason I call him my frenemy is because I am not sure where I stand with him. We believe totally different things, but I was liked him for the past couple of years since I met him at work. A couple of months ago he e-mailed me and said he liked me and then he didn't come to church with me which was going to be his way of proving he was not an annoying people (he used another word), but by not showing up he proved the opposite. But once he had told me and then stood me up, things just became awkward between us and we don't really talk anymore. But I don't really mind. He is too emotionally draining. He has too many questions that I don't have the answer to. It is hard. I am only fifteen.
  I am drumming at church tomorrow, so I hope I will do well considering I haven't really practiced... :)
Since I fully gave my life over to God on November 6, 2011, He gave me this chapter which I have loved reading. Psalm 27. Here are a couple of verses from the end which I particularly like:
Psalm 27:13-14
I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

No comments: