Friday 27 January 2012

Rhythms of Grace

 On Hillsong United 's CD "Aftermath" they have a song called Rhythms of Grace. We play it in my church, but haven't been able to capture the awesomeness that is on the CD. This song is just great.
  I have just been thinking about the lyrics.
  "My life is a life for your cause, my will laid aside for you call." What do these words mean? When we sing these words, we are saying to God that we give up our lives to Him. That will lay aside whatever we might have planned for our lives and say that we will follow God's call.
  "And reserved are the depths of my heart, only for You." We are telling God that we have reserved the deepest, most precious part of our heart for Him. That other parts of ourselves we will give away to others as we love them, but there is a part of us that is only God's and no one elses.
  I recommend that you read the rest of the lyrics of this great song and think about what we are singing. We say we are giving our lives up to God when we sing thing song... so the real question is this: are we liars, or do we do what we say (or sing)? I put that question to you. Many people will sing about following God, but there are few whose lives reflect the songs they sing.

No comments: