Saturday 7 January 2012

BlogBuster

  I am a little bored, so I thought I would write a blog and let you know how things are going with the fundraising and events I have planned and so on.
  Before I go on to tell you whats been up, I wanted to let you know of a good, inspiring, family movie by the name of "Christmas Angel." Christmas is over now as you well know, but the movie is good for any time of the year.
  How things are going with the fundraising: Things are going well. I have raised $720 since I started, but I don't want to stop there. By the time I am seventeen I want to have reached far far above the goal I have set for three thousands dollars, because if I am going to Russia then this year may well be my last year I will be able to fundraise for them before all the money I have goes into running an orphanage. So don't think that everything is running along smoothly so you don't have to donate... because you do. God said for Christians to look after the orphans and widows. So don't back down from following what God has told us to do. Get out there and, as I like to say, "Get active about your faith!"
  How things are with the fundraising events: I have not come too far along with any of the events I am wanting to do, but I am forming an idea in my mind about speaking in my church and giving a little bit of a talk about what I am doing, why I have chosen to support Orphans Aid, and about the fundraisers I am planning. I will have to ask my pastor before I can get up and do the talk, but the ideas are still forming. I have emailed Sue van Schreven because we keep in touch and asked if there is a trailer ( short movie advertisement) for the documentary Someone, Somewhere Loves Me.
  I don't just want peoples money. I want to get them inspired, involved, and active about calling themselves Christians.

  Ruby

No comments: