Monday 25 April 2011

Face Your Fears... Head On

Lately I've been overcoming my fears, with the help of God. Hes been teaching me that I don't need to be scared of things, because He has given me His authority, which is above everything- nature, animals, spiritual beings, the enemies plans.
I used to be scared stiff of wasps, bees, hornets, bumble-bees, and anything that buzzes really, and for my own sake I couldn't think of any good reason not to be scared of them. But then I got thinking; what if someone was in trouble and I needed to face my fear of buzzing insects to get to help them (they were hurt near a wasp nest, etc). I know that I would help them despite my fear, but I thought that I should start to get over that fear now so that I would hesitate less to go to help that person, when it is asked of me.
So, I challenge you today to seek God and ask Him to help you face your fears, if not for only your own sake, but if for the sake of someone else, and what God may want to do through you to help someone else.

Ruby.

No comments: