Sunday 24 April 2011

Ben Morven Track Bike Ride

Yesterday Ian and I went for a bike ride. We went along the road, and Ian hit into a parked car while he was trying to check his breaks. Seriously, I'm a bit worried when I go biking with him. But the car looked fine and he was fine, so we carried on, despite the fact that it was slightly spitting (slight rain).
We traveled a long way and then I finally figured out where the Ben Morven bike track began (it was both mine and Ian's first time on the track). And we went down the trail.
I really enjoyed biking on the trail and I was going fast as a manic and then we came to a small river thingy that we had to cross to carry on with the trail. So we chose the shallowist part and then pushed our bikes across. I managed to get across without getting my shoes very wet, but Ian's shoes looked pretty soaked by the time we were over the other side. I shook my head and laughed and then we carried on.
The vineyards that were on either side of the thin track looked beautiful with on one side you could see the full sky above them, and on the other side of the track you could see the vineyards with the Wither Hills above them. It was a really nice sight and I was kicking myself that I didn't bring my camera. But I asked Ian if he would come with me again on Tuesday (tomorrow) on the Ben Morven track.
Didn't really get back a proper answer back from him, and we carried on. There were some massive (well steep, not so tall though) hills that we had to push our bikes up, and the second one was so bad that I was almost slipping back down the gravel every step I took.
But anyway, the bike-ride was great, and we got home safely. We stopped off along the way and ate some walnuts (there was a tree), biked up some very steep hills, went past a golf course, stopped for a break while Ian tried to fix his breaks, talked about God a little (well, I did, but he was pretty closed to it), and then went back along the main road past Fairhall to B Town Massive. I had a good time, and I'm sure that I'll get lots of leg muscles from it.
Where we came out from Paynters Road there was a golf course and I think it was just before the Ridge, aka the best skateboarding place this side of B Town Massive. Its a whole new subdivision with loads of good paved hills that skating on is both very risky and fun. So, I'm taking my board next time we go.
From Ruby.

No comments: