Thursday 22 March 2012

What is worthwhile to me?

  I was just having a discussion about an a movie that has just come out with someone from my church, and I made the comment that that kind of thing wasn't worthwhile to me. And now I am thinking... what is worthwhile to me?
  I didn't want to comment on their thing otherwise it would seem that I was being all high-and-mighty, which people can often think when I get annoyed with what others are doing when they should be doing the good things in life. But I can write it here.
  What is worthwhile to me?
  Knowing that I am doing my part to reduce poverty. Helping other people. Telling people about God and the Bible... the truth, in other words. Encouraging others to focus on God and let the other things fall away. Preparing for my life beyond being a teenager. Spending time alone with God and learning to hear His voice.
  To be honest, there are a lot of things that are worthwhile to me, and seeing secular movies at the theater have recently dropped off the list. But if the comment about the new movie had been made a couple of years ago, I would have joined in with the excitement. Now I just feel a little cut off from my generation as they go in their worthless direction of consumerism, and I try to go the other way. If you want to follow the way I am going... or even are already going that way... let me know. Encouragement every once in a while is nice. :)

No comments: