Tuesday 20 March 2012

James: It is Finished

  Wondering about the title of my blog? Let me explain...
  Over the past few weeks (from the 28th of February until today's date of March 20) I have been memorizing the book of James. And today I finished it! I am really excited about this, because now I can rememorize it (to reaffirm it in my mind so that I don't forget the truth I have read) and move onto memorizing another book of the Bible. Any suggestions?
  In 2010-2011 I memorized 1 Timothy, 2 John, and 3 John, but the main reason I wanted to memorize them was to be able to say, "Look at me, I just memorized three books of the Bible." That is not at all the right attitude to have. Now I have a different reason to memorize it... because I want to have God's Word in my heart to take it with me where I go in life.
  And a plus side of memorizing things is that it opens up your memory. It has been helping make learning my Russian easier, that I am sure of. But the main reason that my Russian is going good is because God is helping me do it and cause I have a reason and a goal I am working towards.
Life with God is an adventure.

  До свидания

 Love, Ruby.

No comments: